Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Who Wore It Better?| July-t-ful Du Jour Day 12

One of my favorite fashion related "games" is 'Who Wore it Better?' It is the perfect way to see each individual person's style. So I decided to search for some celebrities caught wearing the same outfits (Horrible, I know!) and am going to play my own game of 'Who Wore it Better' with you!

Ashley Green vs. Kim Kardashian 
See celebrities battle it out on http://k-dujour.blogspot.com
I have to say I am going with Ashley on this one. Kim decided to go for the daring choice of wearing no slip underneath the see-through lace dress, although I appreciate the guts, I much rather prefer the more elegant and conservative look of the black slip underneath Ashley's dress. She didn't completely loose the sex appeal though she used its potential by letting her arms and bottom half of her legs to peek through. The pointed toe versus the stripy heel of Kim's yellow heels gives a more elongating effect to the midi dress. Although I am not a personal fan of Kim's shoes it is ok to wear it with her outfit because although the ankle length would make you look shorter with the slip without the slip you don't loose any height since you can still see her legs. 


J. Law vs. J. Lo
See celebrities battle it out on http://k-dujour.blogspot.com
The winner is Jenifer Lawrence! I liked Lopez' s idea of playing off the pink of the dress, but it was overdone with both the lip and the shoe. I like how Lawrence instead pulled out the blue in the dress, a lot more subtle, in her heel and earring. This ties the outfit together more classically. 

Rocio Munoz vs. Paloma Faith 
 See celebrities battle it out on http://k-dujour.blogspot.com
I am handing the award to Rocio. In this one it all comes down to the makeup since they have the same dress and shoes. Paloma went bold with bold which is slight overkill (in my opinion), while Rocia went the more natural route in her makeup allowing the dress to shine on its own. She also added big studs to not allow the dress to get ALL of the attention. 

Elizabeth Banks vs. Brie Larson
See celebrities battle it out on http://k-dujour.blogspot.com
 I am not the biggest fan of either of their accessories, but I have to go with Brie on this one. I felt Elizabeth needed a belt to allow the dress to sit the slightest bit higher on her waist to give her more definition, which Brie did. I also felt that her accessories were not really connected in her overall outfit (if that makes sense). In Brie's case I wish she switched her big blue bag for a small black clutch to break the color up. The blue in her outfit is too concentrated in one area. But I felt other than her bag everything else went really well together.

Kate Beckinsale vs. Selena Gomez
See celebrities battle it out on http://k-dujour.blogspot.com
This is a tough one because they both look so beautiful. I love the classic look of their clutches, Kate just a little more bold. And they each have great accessories, Selena's dangly earrings and Kate's gorgeous necklace. The only thing I am on the fence about was the necklace too much for this outfit or just the perfect touch... (Let me know what you think)


I hope you enjoy and I would love to see your opinions on each outfit in the comments! If you want to be notified when I post follow me on Bloglovin'Google+, and make sure to subscribe by email!!

XOXO, 
KD 

4 comments:

  1. I agree with all your choices + I might have to go with Gomez for the last one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I think you are right Selena might be the winner. Now that I look at it again Kate's necklace is a little too much, I like the simplicity of Selena's allowing the Deep V to shine all on its own.

      Delete
  2. I agree with all of your choices :)

    Stay fabulous x
    Y // http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for sharing your blog, I am always on the hunt for new great reads!

      Delete

Subscribe for more!