Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

July Birchbox Unboxing| July-t-ful Du Jour Day 7

Today I came home to the sweet surprise that my Birchbox had arrived earlier than expected. So I set the other post I had planned for today aside and decided to do an unboxing + first impressions for July-t-ful Du Jour Day 7. I have been subscribed to Birchbox since january, and it is basically a company where they send you 5 sample sized products every month in a decorative box. The cute patterns and colors of the box are almost as good as the products inside, ok that might be just because I am a sucker when it comes to cute boxes and magazines. I hoard decorative boxes and piles of magazines in my room, and I get both of them every month...you can see the problem with that. Well lets just get into it! 



The products came wrapped in bright pink, orange, blue, with white and black arranged in a geometric/aztec pattern. I know you probably don't care about the box, but as I said I am little obsessed and would die (probably not) if I didn't display it. 



Jelly Pong Pong-Glow Getter Highlighter| Full Size- $ 12.75 
The first product was a liquid highlight! It is a shimmery bronzy  shade and creates a very nice iridescent glow when hit by light. I tried the product on my cheekbones, even if they are somewhat non-existent, it has a weightless formula and easy to apply and spread out, I just used my fingers! 

Liz Earle Instant ™ Skin Tonic Spritzer| Full Size-$25
 This is a toner that is said to work for all skin types in soothing and hydrating the skin. I just sprayed my entire face once with the toner and it gave off a really nice flowery scent. With my first impression of its effect it did make me feel more awake, ok that may be because I was just squirting liquid on my face. I didn't notice mosturization as much because as I mentioned in my skin care routine I am obsessed with lotions so my skin wasn't that dry to begin with. I will definitely keep using this and tell you my overall opinion soon. 

Oribe Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray| Full size-$22-$39
First of all the packaging of this bottle is gorgeous, kind of matches my room and the smell is equally as divine. I am not sure why it is ranging in price, but on the website it is listed at $39 for 8.5 fl oz, so what I would do is expect it to be $39 and if it is cheaper you will be even more pleased (basically how I get through my day expect less, be thankful for more-or in this case the opposite). When I applied this after it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to open it (you just have to push down hard enough for the clasp to break off in the back-seems simple enough doesn't it?), it did not leave behind a sticky or crunchy feeling in my hair. It gave more defined waves to my already wavy hair and a little volume. 

Stila Look At Me Liquid Lipstick Trio| set of 3 $20


There are actually 5 different shades to the Stila Stay all Day lip line, Rosa which is a bubble gum pink, Como which is a bright violet, Bella a bright pink, Amalfi, a coral pink,  and the one I received is Venezia a BRIGHT red. The first thing I noticed after opening the bottle was that it kind of smells like cookies, a major plus for me, but once I applied the color onto my lips I was in for a shock. In the tube the red doesn't look as menacing as it does applied(i just noticed my picture look deceiving-its just the lighting), you will definitely need an expert hand to make sure you stay within the lines. I kept it off my teeth by making a kiss face and moving my index finger in and out of my mouth to remove the excess, it sounds gross, but it works! It dried as a matte color, but simultaneously also dried my lips slightly. I am not worried about its staying power because I was having a product war with my face in trying to remove it from lips (great for during the day, but not at night-the staying power not the product war). I eventually just smothered Vaseline all over my lips and it came right off. It is great if you are not afraid of bold colors. 

Supergoop Antiaging City Suncreen Serum SPF 30| Full Size-$42 
I have no way in testing this product out in a first impression, all I can tell you is that it smells like sunscreen and it feels smooth on my hand-but hopefully these reviews will be more useful. My only remark (not towards the product) was that when signing up for Birchbox they ask to take a survey and I specifically didn't want anti aging products since I am still young and don't want to add extra products so early having the power to potentially damage my skin. But Birchbox has sent me anti aging products numerous times. I understand that they probably have a set box and I am no way complaining since they have sent me incredible products in the past, I am just not understanding the point of the survey. And after writing all of this I realized that they meant that the sunscreen will protect you from the damage of the sun--anti aging.


I hope you enjoyed this first impressions post, in no way are my opinions the only ones out there. If you are interested in a product do a little research before spending your hard earned money (or not) on solely my review. If you want to see more up to date reviews on these products as I use them follow me on Google+ as well as Bloglovin' to see the next time I post. 

XOXO,
KD

*This is not sponsored


2 comments:

  1. These products look stunning!
    Stay fabulous x
    Y // http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe for more!