Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Top Pinterest Picks | July-t-ful Du Jour Day 1


I am so excited for the first post of July-t-ful Du Jour, if you are completely lost on what I am talking about check out my last post which explains it all. In this post I am introducing a series I like to call my Top pinterest picks. In this series I will go through my Pinterest boards and pick my top picks from some them (pretty self explanatory). I go through phases with pinterest where I will not go on for a couple months and other times where I go on multiple times a day. I have been a bit obsessed with it lately so I have 660 fashion pins(you have no idea how many times I had to update this in the course of writing this post) alone to choose from! Nonetheless I will challenge myself and pick my top 10!


1.Climbing to the Top
I love when simple pieces are styled together to create a chic look. This whole outfit has edge with the acid washed pants and black crop top, but also some glamour appeal with the oversized sunglasses. To me the perfect fashion photo includes a cool background. In this case, The ladder gives more dimension and adds color in the slightest way. 

2.Calamity
I absolutely love how nonchalant this outfit is. I feel it breaks the code of skinny jeans and tight crop tops and just gives a breath of new fresh air (almost literally). The dark oxford shoes adds the sense of a little more formality and a dash masculinity, but the slight point of the toe and roll of the jean adds the perfect balance. 

3.Informality 
You can't just look at this and not lust at the visible comfort. It is obviously not something that you can wear out, but would be perfect for a night in next to the fireplace. (In the winter of course) 

4.Tooty Fruity 
I absolutely love the kitchy vibe this cute bag gives off. I don't know if it is something I have enough guts to pull off. But maybe one day when I truly experiment with styling, I can picture it with an edgier outfit to give an unexpected twist.

5.Timeless Reversal 
I absolutely love, love, love this dress, the background, her hair, her pose, etc! This dress is drop dead gorgeous! Although I am definitely not planning on getting married anytime soon, I have always been obsessed with weddings (especially the dresses) and I could definitely picture myself walking down the isle in this look. 

6.Making Ends Meet
The boldness of the jacket and the confidence of the walk just gives me so much inspiration. I love the bold yet slightly muted colors with the eye-catching pattern. The effortless top knot just seals the deal. 

7.Cosmopolitan Sailor
I adore the bold new take on a classic combo. The navy and white stripes with the red bottoms is a look that has been done for ages. But these big bold stripes on the little boxy crop top, striking red midi skirt, black chunky boots and edgy half up half down bun hair style, give a whole new meaning. 

8.Frozen in Time
My two favorite things have to be classic looking watches and chunky sweaters. This photo checks both in a beautiful way, where her gorgeous highlights seem to be the color in this otherwise monochromatic look. 

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
 I was debating between two similar looks both with crop tops and long solid color skirt. Since I already put some warmer weather looks I thought I would embrace the summer season. The white lace crop top paired with the bright yellow skirt (and the bare feet) absolutely scream SUMMER! 

Caught Between Two Worlds
I love mixing unexpected looks with each other and the stark white classic heels with the ripped up baggy jeans were the perfect unexpected combo!

There were so many great looks I had to turn down since they wouldn't fit in this small blog post and I will also be making new ones pretty soon. So if you want my most up-to-date style taste visit my page and if you don't...then don't ;). As you can tell by the name of this series July-t-ful Du Jour, I am not that creative when it comes to naming things, so I did the best I could with these picks. If you would like to see more like this with my other boards in future boards let me know in the comments below. Thanks for reading! I really hope you enjoyed and expect new content every other day this July. 

XOXO, 
KD







2 comments:

  1. awesome inspirations <3
    thank you for sharing my dear
    can we follow each other for keep in touch ??
    amazing blog :)

    have a nice day
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I truly appreciate it :)!!

      Delete

Subscribe for more!